Tuesday, February 1, 2011

“Grad Year” Those 2 Little Words

Graduation year. While typing those two words, I am reminded of elementary school when 'graduation' is still light years away. In fact, it still feels light years away. 5 more months and it still has not clicked that once I walk across that stage, I am a young adult, I am independent and responsible for my future. I expected grad year to be true to all of the cliches, the last days of high school, a year of memories and sentimental things, "ruling the school" so to speak. It is not at all like that, even though it is the last year of school, it is still school, the daily grind, studying, friends, and spending way too much money at caf. A change that I have noticed, however, is that I've somehow matured more in the past year than in my entire life, and while I was told that someday this would happen, I expected it to remain true to the theatrics and dramatization of the movies. A climax, a sudden realization, no, it has simply felt comfortable. Graduation year is not at all what I expected, it is the usual, and it is the end of my four year home, and maybe that is a little sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment